Monday 4 July 2011

Day 1 = 7 hours of dancing = DEAD

So its the end of day 1 and I am super tired... I forgot how much it takes to dance 7 hours in one day!!! Its crazy! But all in all the day went pretty okay.

We started out with a ballet class all together, which was really crowded... almost forty of us AND IT WAS ALL IN SPANISH!!!!! I have never had to focus so much in a ballet class! But the teacher was really nice and I am excited to have him again. I kind of fell into my little save bubble space dancing today... I guess it was because everyone was saying: "You are from Juilliard! OMG" and that just made me think that they were expecting so much from me and I wasnt sure if I could deliver. I mean, it wasnt the best ballet class that I have done in my life... but considering I havent really danced danced in quite sometime it was as bad as I thought it was going to be. I just need to let go of people's expectations (as is usually my problem) and just soak up as much as I can while I am here. Kazuko (my teacher who runs the program) told me she could see my in my bubble and that she doesnt want to see that anymore because she knows that I am very capable... so tomorrow I will leave burst through the bubble! (POP! :) )

After ballet we had contemporary class, which was more of a horton class... and for those you who don't know what horton is it is an incredibly intense from of modern that works you core to the bone!!!! But it is also quite fun because it plays greatly with rhythm and syncopation... which means we dance to interesting and energetic music! Then it was lunch time! Thank goodness... since we hadnt eaten anything since 8 am and it was now 2:30pm!!! and after lunch it was back to the dance studio for an audition for choreography. Auditions are not my favourite thing but I tried to treat it just like a class and ask questions and try to gather as many corrections that I could to execute the movement the way the choreographer wanted it. We wont know what dances were are in until tomorrow morning so I'll let you know what I will be up to in my next blog.

The last dance class for the day was Spanish Dance and in an hour we managed to cover four different types of spanish dance... all of which I can't name for your because my brain was already so fried!! But it was nice to do something new and different for a change and to experience some of the culture here. Finally we had Spanish Language class that was taught completely in Spanish... CAN I SAY LOST!!!!!!!!! lol I was pretty much lost but I could still pick up some words... Hopefully as the days go by some more stuff will come back to me. For now I am making great use of my hands and holding on tight to my dictionary and phrase book! LOL

Well my day starts even earlier tomorrow so I am off to bed now! I hope you are all doing well! :)

Love,
Jules

No comments:

Post a Comment