Monday 11 July 2011

Week 2... Day one

Today was an okay day... I was still a bit tired from last week but had to push through the day. I think it was more than just being tired... I was really missing the amazing friendships that I have...

I went to dinner by myself last night and all I could think about was all the people that I would so rather be sitting down with and having a good conversation with. And I guess that kind of carried over to this morning when I walked to the subway station on my own. Being here is showing me the great value of my real friends... though they may be few. But you know it is better a few really good keepers than many who will simply toss you away. I haven't spoken to Briana in over a week now and I am pretty much dying... just because she is one of the people who reminds me that I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me... and I can be sure to always have a good time with her.

I don't know why, but it is always the second week that you feel homesick or you feel alone... perhaps it is because you have gotten over the new place... and you realise that you still have quite sometime to go in this place that is so far way from your loved ones. Even though I have had to deal with this before I am certainly no master of it but at least today I haven't cried... well yet! Its not that I am not having fun or learning a load of stuff, its just that when you spend time alone you mind begins to wander... and all I can think about is friendships this past couple of days.

I've been thinking about how blessed I truly am, to have friends like Briana, Marcus, Marlon and Abbie for example who help to build me up and not tear me down... who support me and not criticize me (in a negative way)... friends who understand and appreciate me for who I am. And then how more blessed I am to have a relationship with God... that one is the best of all... Despite my wavering tendencies (as well all have our moments) God has never left me nor will He ever forsake me! How crazy is that!!! Here (well everywhere) I see people change how they 'feel' about someone depending on the circumstance or even worse if that person is or is not in front  of them. God never changes and even when we might change He accepts us and waits so patiently! And even though my real friends are not perfect like God they are honest with me and are patient with me... most of the time! :)

Okay so I was just suppose to be telling you how my day went... lol but I guess this was really what was on my mind.... you know as they say... "the heart says what the heart has to say"... well actually I don't think that is a saying but hey! I'll make it one!

Well that is all I have to say for now.... well and that I love you all very much!

Jules!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jules.. we love you......want to encourage you that this experience is not all about dancing but about being light and salt......... so praying for God to grant you wisdom .... and open doors to have an impact on those around you and for you to be open for your life to be touched or even challenged by those around you. Not by might, nor by power but by the spirit of God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jules, the honeymoon is over.

    It was good to hear your heart today :)

    ReplyDelete